General Convention 2006

Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling. Then I will go to the altar of God, and I will praise you . . . Psalm 43:3-4

The General Convention of the Episcopal Church
met in Columbus, Ohio from June 11-21, 2006.
This blog offers a view of the convention and beyond from the perspective of Lydia Evans, a two-time lay deputy from the Diocese of South Carolina.
Visit the links found below for additional resources
as well as pre- and post-convention coverage.
Thank you for remembering the convention deputies and their families in your prayers. For further resources, visit my webpages.
For all posts from the month of June, click here.
For all posts from the month of July, click here.

6.07.2006

Where Can I Find . . .?

As the 2006 General Convention approaches, I have prepared a collection of webpages at lydiaevans.net which provide links which will be helpful in the coming weeks. As handy as Google may be, I need a place where, as a convention deputy, I can quickly find information.

These pages include links to the three valuable archives: the Acts of General Convention (since 1976), the Episcopal News Service (since 1976), and the Living Church (since 1995). The Acts of General Convention provides a searchable (by topic or res.#) database of legislation from the past thirty years. Each entry includes the text of the original resolution, the amendments, and the final text as passed, defeated, or referred.

Also linked are relevant Anglican documents (statements of the ABC, the Primates, and ECUSA) as well as resources such as Equipping the Saints, We've Had Dessert, and ECUSA Attendance Data for the past ten years. Thanks to Stand Firm in Faith and TitusOneNine for helping to marshall these resources. In addition, I've given you media links, and links to convention blogs.

If you'll be writing from convention and I've missed your site, send me an e-mail -- Lydia Evans

Also, consider changing your homepage to TitusOneNine or Stand Firm in Faith for the latest developments during the General Convention (on the toolbar of your internet browser, go to Tools > Internet Options > General, and type the new url in the window provided).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home